‘Go F*** yourself you communist turd’ - Senator refuses to apologize to abusive reporterReprinted from the Malaysian Chronicle

POTTY-mouthed Senator David Leyonhjelm is unrepentant after calling an abusive correspondent a “communist turd”.

The libertarian Senator has confirmed he also told a constituent to go away – in graphic terms – in an expletive-filled rant on his taxpayer-funded email account.

Senator Leyonhjelm’s correspondence was then published on a blog by the target of his abuse, who suggested his suggestion that he “go f— yourself’’ represented a suggestion that he “self harm”.

The row erupted after anti-discrimination campaigner and gay activist Gary Burns emailed NSW Senator Leyonhjelm and South Australian Senator Cory Bernardi.

In the email, Mr Burns opening salvo was to describe the MPs as “you two unAustralian pathetic little turds”.

He warned that if they allowed anyone to publish images ridiculing Jews or Muslims they would be in contempt of the anti-discrimination laws.

Senator Leyonhjelm returned fire, observing he was a “communist turd”, prompting some support from libertarians on Twitter.

But Mr Burns said: “This is the same imbecile calling for Australians to carry guns.”

“This boofhead is not a fit or proper person to represent the good people of NSW. I’ve been called many things in life but never a communist,” he said.

“When I received the offensive email from the Senator I was so shocked I clutched my pearls and reached for the smelling salts.”

Mr Burns has previously sued broadcaster John Laws under the Anti-Discrimination Act for calling gay men “pillow biters”.

“Senator Leyonhjelm’s credibility as a Member of the Australian Parliament wouldn’t be capable of buttering a plate of parsnips for the dinner table. The idiot should go and live on Gobo Island with a pet sheep,” he said.

In response, the NSW Senator fired off a second email to Mr Burns encouraging him to take the action he suggested earlier.

“Dear Gary. It appears you have not yet acted on my advice. Please do so. Go f— yourself as soon as possible. The world will be a better place,” it said.

A spokesman for Senator Leyonhjelm confirmed the emails were written by him. – News.com.au

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=443631:%E2%80%98go-f***-yourself-you-communist-turd%E2%80%99-senator-refuses-to-apologize-to-abusive-reporter&Itemid=4#ixzz3PCiOFOg3
Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter

Advertisements

23 thoughts on “‘Go F*** yourself you communist turd’ – Senator refuses to apologize to abusive reporter

1. Garry Burns

This incongruous imbecile will be a laughing stock of the Australian Parliament.
    I hope and pray the Senate censors him for his pernicious public behaviour.

2. Doubting Rich

I think he should be congratulated for his direct, appropriate response and robust defence of freedom. I would have chosen to the word “fascist” rather than communist, but the latter choice is also appropriate.

1. Julia Williams

Insulting someone is hardly a defence of freedom. In fact its rather childish. The senator doesn’t have a comprehensive reason for why people should be able to vilify minorities other than to throw childish insults around. Nobody should be congratulated for using the debating tactics of a schoolboy.

3. petercunningham

Gary, I am sure David wrote in a manner that you might comprehend – I emphasise “might” because it’s clear you haven’t or cannot.
    I must admit though, given you confirmed that “Australia does not have free speech” – and your mindset is that such is this is beneficial, then I can only concur with the good Senator, adding an accolade to your credibility – “Dickhead”.
    Yes – that’s polite and accurate.

1. Garry Burns

Mr.Cunningham I’ve been called many things in my life but I must say any polly advocating people to carry guns must have a very small penis.
      What’s the good Senator think he is , James Cagney ?

1. Stephen W. Houghton II

Ah yes the first resort of a gun control nut, the small penis argument. Obviously the facts are not on your side or you wouldn’t resort to this pathetic sophomoric name calling.

4. chazzyman

Garry… the senator is correct… your political correctness at the expense of freedom is poisonous to society…. you are a danger to us all.
    Peace
    Chazzy

Liked by 1 person

1. Garry Burns

We all have a birth right to vote for who ever we choose. I know for certain when Leyonjhelms term is up he won’t be re elected. He’ll be out the back with his pet sheep 🙂
      I wonder what they’ll get up to ?

2. petercunningham

Well Chazzy – I agree with you 100% Garry can say and do as he wishes, but clearly it’s escaped Gary that his very actions are discriminatory – ie: contradictory to his stated purpose. So far today alone I have had 6 replies of support from USA – 4 from Canada, 2 from PNG – 5 from UK – all PRAISING David’s blunt and accurate words (yes – I have worldwide contacts – and it’s well out of sync with our daytime so I expect more support). To me that means Gary is paddling his own little boat and can’t do harm – except to himself!

3. Julia Williams

Bigotry and vilification hiding behind freedom of speech is poisonous, not what the right wing sometimes calls “Political correctness,” about 80% of whcih is simply common sense. It encourages bullying and victimisation of LGBT people and harms the most vulnerable in the community. LGBTI youth are at much higher risk of depression, anxiety and sucide due to anti-gay bullying in schools reinforced by homophobic speech from persons in percieved positions of authority. The term politcal correctness is simply a loaded term used to dismiss genuine pleas for acceptance from marginalised communities and support their entrenched oppression.

5. John C. Randolph

Whether or not you agree with the Senator’s Libertarian positions, when he’s right, he’s right. Gary Burns is indeed a communist turn, and he should go and fuck himself.

The freedom of speech is a fundamental human right, and anyone who attempts to punish it with force is an enemy of mankind.

1. Ainsley

Go on Gary, my fellow Australian, give us the benefit of your constitutional understanding, I wonder what it is. Our free values and virtues sadly don’t receive the benevolent protection of a Bill of Rights or a First Amendment.

You are caught in your own snare because you deny the FREEDOM in freedom of speech, and yet you say, to wit (or is that too twit..?)
        ‘there is no such thing as freedom of speech in Australia’

And you yourself open up the exchange with ‘you pathetic un-Australian Turds’. ??

You exercise what you deny and you fail to grasp what’s Australian essence. We don’t need permission from our government to be free, we are free. You’re free Mr Burns, even you this antediluvian activist AND me, and I’m even a younger sheila. Your lawfare aims to silence Australia – good luck there, MATE.

1. Julia Williams

Unfortunately the senator is WRONG on this one. When he’s wrong he wrong. Freedom of speech is not an aboustle right and the rights and reputations of others are a legitimate reason to limit it (ICCPR Article 19(3)). Bigotry cannot hide behind freedom of speech,

6. petercunningham

And one just in from another Canuk friend – a man of HIGH calibre. Gary – you are well out of his league, but nonetheless – this was sent to David L – I have permission to post it here. Stand by to be educated.

Senator

I am a Canadian military officer, pilot and soldier – I will retire from active duty in early February of this year. So at least for the next couple of weeks I have to be a good boy – for that reason I will only sign by my first name – to prevent any accidental misuse of my full name and cause me some serious grief.

I have faithfully served my country, Canada, for more than 25 years. I have been honoured to also serve with your countrymen – usually in some pretty bad places. Your soldiers were a hell of a group of men and women that I always knew “had my back”, and trust me when I say – there were times that I needed that cover. Without them – there is one specific time that I can immediately think of – I would not be here today to have supper with my family.

I just received an email relating your comments to a Mr. Gary Burns.

I do not know if you are able to relay my comments, however if the opportunity ever comes up – please add my personal “Go fuck yourself” to the list of others who wish they had a similar opportunity. I am happy to see there is at least one politician (you) with the gonads to tell it like it is. I can name dozens of folks who are entirely unhappy with “selective free speech” proponents – both in your country and in mine.

Seems Mr. Burns fits into that category of selective free speech – he can speak his mind, but only as long as no one else opposes him!

I suspect there are also more than a few in your country and mine who would like to shake your hand.

Count me as one of them.

Hold your ground Senator – you might be surprised at how many people actually have your back – and do not let the media ever bully you into an apology – that would truly be playing into their hand.

My very best regards

1. Julia Williams

Mr. Cunningham. You later post that insults achieve nothing. Yet your comment here is nothing more than a crude and badly drafted insult made to look good by a self glorifying story about you time in the military. The comment in far from intelligent. The senator can hold his ground all he likes but the reality is he was only elected by accident as most voters incorrectly believed they were voting for the liberal party and he got the benefit of preference flows. We need proper senate voting reform to ensure nonsensical minor parties like his do not get elected on very small percentages of the vote.

Personally I am greatful that Mr Burns is standing up for peoples rights to be free from vilification. I am sick of bigots hiding behind supposed freedom of speech to promote their hatred and tell lies about other. Prehaps you would like it if a person was to insult or vilify you for their own benefit. I’ll give you the same as you gave to gary – Mr Cunningham Go fuck yourself you egoistisical and self gloryifying turd and leave LGBT people alone.

7. petercunningham

Insults achieve nothing, and in fact are deleterious. There is no need to curb the excesses of a fool – it’s free entertainment for those of fair and critical mind.

1. Julia Williams

And yet this comment seems more like an insult than critical discussion, and the above comment most certainly is. Who exactly is the fool???